ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Nigerian Egg Stew
A Nigerian favourite that can be had as breakfast with toast bread or dinner with yam.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 pieces egg
- 1 canned plum tomatoes
- 1 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- 1 piece red onion sliced
- 1 pieces stock cube maggi or knorr
- 750 ml water
- 1/2 pieces yam tuber Peeled and diced to chucks
- In a medium sized pan, pour the vegetable oil and wait until hot.
- Add the onion and stir until fragrant and slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes from the tin and stir, then leave for 5 minutes to simmer.
- Whilst waiting for the tomatoes, mix the eggs separately in the bowl.
- Pour the mixed egg into the pan slowly in a circular motion and wait for 3 minutes until eggs are slightly thickened then stir to achieve scrambled look.
Yam (serve with Stew)
- Add yam chunks into a pan of 500ml of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes until tender.
- Serve cooked yam with the egg stew. Enjoy!
Get your Nigerian ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door - next day delivery on all items - see FAQ for more information on delivery times. Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
Share on Facebook
See more how to cook Nigerian meat pie content from the web:
Credits: Simply Natural