Sustainable Sourcing Policy
- Respect the rights of all workers.
- Protect animal health and welfare.
- Protect the environment.
- Support the local economy and communities.
- Work against deforestation in a responsible manner.
- Uphold the rights of traditional and indigenous communities.
These are important to us as
- it ensures that our products are produced in a socially, environmentally and economically responsible manner throughout the supply chain to our customers door.
- it means a sustainable and reliable food chain beneficial to everyone involved.
Our ambition is to
- Work more closely with local communities on improved farming practices.
- Find and help develop greener parcel distribution alternatives within the UK.
- Work with our suppliers to eliminate plastic usage on product packaging.
We are a small operation and at this stage of our journey our approach is to only use suppliers with a similar ethos. As we grow in size and buying power, we will be more far reaching in not only improving farming practices but accelerating our ambitions and further improving the lives of farmers.