ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Sinanglay Na Tilapia
Sinanglay na Tilapia stuffed with onions and tomatoes, wrapped in pechay leaves, and cooked in coconut milk.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 piece whole tilapia cleaned, scaled and gutted
- 2 large Roma tomatoes diced
- 4 piece shallots peeled and chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon tamarind powder or 1 lemon juice
- 2 bunches large pechay leaves stems trimmed
- 4 foot pandan leaves about 1long each
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 finger chili peppers
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Wash fish and make sure innards are completely removed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, shallots, ginger, and tamarind powder.
- Rinse pandan leaves under cold running water and pat dry.
- See further instructions: Kawaling Pinoy
Thanks to our friends at Kawaling Pinoy for sharing this amazing recipe. Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door - next day delivery on all items - see FAQ for more information on delivery times. Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
Share on Facebook