Okra a.k.a Lady fingers: The edible calcium-rich pods are used in soups, stews and curries.
- Boosts immune system
- Aids in improving digestion
- Helps to relax blood vessels and arteries
- Protects eye’s against cataracts and macular degeneration
- Protects heart against clotting and atherosclerosis
- Reduces appearance os scars, acne and wrinkles
If you are serving the okra whole as a side dish, and don’t want the liquid to be released during the cooking, trim around the stalks in a cone shape, so that the pod isn’t pierced.