ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 1 piece red onion medium and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100 grams ground ogbono
- 2 pieces stock cube dissolved in 100 ml of water
- 1.5 lbs neat or fish
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp bitter leaf or a handful of fresh spinach. Both are optional.
- In a hot saucepan on medium heat add vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot enough add onions, tomatoes, tomato puree and ground ogbono. Dissolve the ogbono in the mix.
- When all the ogbono is completely mixed in the oil, add water with the cube stock. Reduce the heat and start stirring. The ogbono will start to thicken, mix until all the stock is absorbed.
- Once it starts to simmer , stir every 2-3 minutes for 20 minutes.
- Add the assorted meat and fish, ground crayfish and salt to taste. The Ogobolo may have become thicker from the cooking. If so, add a little bit more water and stir very well. Cover and cook till the contents of the pot is well heated up.
- If you prefer your Ogobolo Soup without vegetables, turn off the heat and serve
- For a vegetable version, when the contents of the pot have heated up, add the vegetable. Stir very well, cover the pot and turn off the heat. Leave to stand for about 5 minutes and serve with pounded yam or semolina.
See more how to cook content
Share on Facebook