ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Nilaga (a.k.a Beef Stew)
Beef Nilaga is a type of beef stew cooked with carrots, potatoes and plantain.
Servings: 3 persons
- 1 Kg beef diced
- 8 pieces potatoes chopped
- 1 piece bok choy chopped
- 1 piece cabbage quartered
- 2 pieces onions diced
- 1 piece garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons patis fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper ground
- 1 liter of water
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat the cooking oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes and wait until potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cabbage then the pechay and wait a few minutes until cooked.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook Nilaga the Filipino way
Share on Facebook