ORDER your Malaysian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Spicy chicken noodle soup with coconut.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 piece garlic cloves crushed
- 6 piece shallots chopped
- 30 g ginger root grated
- 350 g chicken boneless and diced
- 4 cups water
- 2 piece lemon grass stalks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 piece chicken stock cube Knorr or Maggi
- 1 piece coconut Grated flesh
- 1 piece basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic until it has become golden brown. Add the shallots and grated ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the pieces are white all over.
- Add water, lemon grass, salt and pepper and crumble in the stock cube. Simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Add the grated coconut flesh and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with basil leaves.
Get your Malaysian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door - next day delivery on all items - see FAQ for more information on delivery times. Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
Share on Facebook