ORDER your Malaysian food ingredients online today – UK only.
- 75 grams fatty coarsely minced pork
- 125 grams prawns peel, devein, wash and dice
- 1 1/2 pieces water chestnuts peel, wash and dice
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced spring onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 25 pieces rounded wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten This is to seal the wrappers. You can also use water.
- 250 ml cooking oil
- TO MAKE FILLING: Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Gather mixture in one hand and throw back into the bowl, hard. Repeat till mixture is sticky, 3-4 minutes.
- TO WRAP: Using a teaspoon place filling in the middle of the wrapper, dab some egg/water on the edges, fold to form a semi-circle, then press edges to seal. Note: do not put a lot of filling in the wrap as the meat might not cook if there is too much filling.
- TO FRY: In a wok or a deep frying pan place around 250 ml of cooking oil and put on medium heat. Once the oil is bubbling softly, place the wonton wrappers there for around 90 seconds to cook. Drain oil and serve immediately. Note: To test heat of oil dip a wonton wrapper for testing, if the oil is bubbling rapidly let the oil cool down before testing again. If nothing is happening wait until the oil is hot enough to test again.
See more how to cook content