ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Eggless Nigerian Pancakes
Eggless Nigerian Pancakes are egg-free, light and fluffy pancakes.
Servings: 3 people
- 1/2 cups Premium whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cups White all purpose flour
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Ripe banana (mashed/pureed)
- 1 portion Vegetable oil or cooking spray (for frying)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine the dry ingredients together; flour, sugar, salt, pepper, nutmeg. Stir thoroughly to ensure everything is evenly distributed.
- Cut up the butter into tiny little pieces or melt it by microwaving for 8 secs.
- Add the milk to the dry ingredients, a little at a time and stir in gradually to avoid lumps.
- Chop the banana into little bits, or use a blender or food processor.
- Add in the chopped banana and the melted butter/butter chunks. Combine thoroughly. Keep in mind the butter will melt in when frying so don’t try to make the butter chunks all disappear. Along with the banana, you are likely to have a lot of chunks in your batter, don’t worry about it. If you have a hand mixer, use it like I did.
- Take a tablespoon of oil and add to your pan on medium heat. Spread the oil over the pan evenly. The oil is mostly to prevent sticking, so you need very little oil. Note: You can also use just a non stick spray to reduce the amount of oil used, which is what I did in this illustration.
- See further instructions: NaijaChef
Thanks to our friends at NaijaChef for sharing this amazing recipe. Get your Nigerian ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door - next day delivery on all items - see FAQ for more information on delivery times. Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
Share on Facebook