ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Amala is a Nigerian cuisine made out of yam flour and usually eaten with Egusi, Ogbolo or any Nigerian soup.
- 500 ml water 250 ml of hot water reserve
- 200 grams yam flour
- In a saucepan pour water and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat to minimum and add 200 grams of yam flour into the heated water and stir using a spatula until it congeals this should take about a minute.
- Add another 250 ml using the spatula so it covers the surface of the amala and leave to steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, stir the amala for 1 – 2 mins till smooth, then serve on a plate.
Get your Nigerian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door - next day delivery on all items - see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
Share on Facebook